Friday, January 13, 2017

Promo Post: My Peace by Courtney Cole


My Peace, the continuation of Pax Tate's story from IF YOU STAY, is live today!
Happy endings must be worked for.
Pax Tate used to be an effed up asshole, but you’d never know it now.
He’s got a sexy wife, their own little family, a cozy home, and a successful career.
Everything is perfect.
Until his past rears its ugly head.
Pax will do anything to protect his family,
even if he destroys himself in the process.


Note from Courtney:
Dear Readers,
I announced recently that I based the character of Pax Tate on my twenty-two year old son, Gunner.
Gunner is a drug addict. He's currently in rehab, and he's doing well, but it's been a long roller-coaster of a journey to get here.
Pax's personality traits are Gunner's. Even though Gunner's moods have been mercurial because of drugs, deep down he is strong and funny, charming and sweet. I wanted that to come through in Pax.
(Of course, when I'm writing the "sexy time" scenes, I'm definitely picturing Jensen Ackles or Alex Pettyfer in my head. :)
Pax's heart is as deep as the ocean, even though sometimes, he can be an asshole. I think readers realized that in IF YOU STAY, and that book sat on the New York Times for twelve weeks back in 2013.
Readers have asked for more Pax over the years, and it is only now, that I wanted to add more to the story. It is only now that I have come to terms with the fact, based on my son's own life, that happy endings must be worked for
I hope you love Pax's story.
I wrote it with the ending I want for my own son, one of hope, of happiness and of good health.
I will give anything to make that true.
From my pen to God's ear.
I hope you enjoy the story. Thank you for reading!
XO,
Courtney