Monday, June 26, 2017

Review Blitz: Lost Love by Kelly Elliott

Moving back home to my parents’ cattle ranch in Texas was the last thing I thought I’d be doing.



But, here I stand … in front of my high school girlfriend. A beautiful, confident woman has replaced the young girl I once knew and loved. Hell. I’m still in love with her.



Yep. Paxton Monroe was my first love and the one girl in town who now hated my guts. So much so, Paxton swore her revenge on me if it took her until the day she died. The last words she spoke to me were a vow to cut my dick off and shove it down my throat.



The fight between my heart, my head, and last, but certainly not least, my dick starts tonight. Because all I can think about is how I want to be buried so deep inside Paxton she won’t remember how I broke her heart, or how I left her when she needed me the most.



But who will win? My heart is too broken to listen to my head. And my dick, yeah it’s not listening to anything or anyone. Not until it gets what it wants and what it wants is Paxton Monroe.



Lost Love is book one in the Cowboys and Angels Series
“Whatcha doing?”
I nearly jumped out of my skin as I spun around and clutched at my chest.
“Jesus, Amelia! Why would you sneak up on me like that?”
She tried to hide her smile and failed. Lifting her brows, she glanced past my shoulder. “Were you watching Steed and Chloe?”
My cheeks heated. “What? No! Are they here? I haven’t seen them. Why would you say that?”
When her eyes moved back to mine, I knew she saw right through my blunder of lies. “Uh-huh. I know I was little when you and Steed dated, so we really don’t know each other all that well.” She smiled. “But I can already tell you’re a terrible liar, Paxton.”
I dropped my head then peeked up at her. “I wasn’t spying.”
Amelia held up her hands. “I didn’t say you were.”
Chewing on my lip, I sighed. “Okay. I was spying. I’m lost, Amelia.”
With a soft sympathetic grin, she glanced at her brother. “So is he, Paxton. His eyes are so sad. Earlier this morning we all had breakfast together as a family and both Mom and I noticed it.”
“The family was all together?” I asked.
She nodded with a grin. “The boys have been working the ranch the last two days so they’re all staying at the house. It’s been nice having Steed home again. Dad’s thrilled he’s back and digging deeper into the business side of the ranch. The idea of having another son run day-to-day operations has him all kinds of happy.”
Guilt hit me square in the chest. It was my fault he left. I told him to leave.
He left his family and stayed away because of me.
“I’m so sorry he left town,” I said.
“Paxton, you didn’t keep him away all those years. That was his decision. A poor one, but his nonetheless.”
I shrugged. Turning, I glanced back at Steed and Chloe. “He’s such a good father.”
The sadness in my voice caused Amelia to put her hand on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

Lost Love is the first book in the Cowboy's & Angel's series.

I would give this book a 3.5 stars and recommend to others.

I did enjoy this story but it was a bit predictable and seem to follow the same path/genre as most of Kelly Elliott's books, it did have it's own journey which is good, and it is not necessarily a bad thing but I was hoping for something a little different, but I will say it was a good book just not great for me.

Steed is moving back to his home town, he is making a new life for himself and is determined to get the girl that got away back.. Paxton.. he doesn't know what she has been up to and hopes he can bury there demons and move forward... together. Paxton has been living the life she wants but having always with a heavy heart from her past.. Will she be able to let go of the anger and resentment towards Steed or will there love be lost forever?

Get to one clicking to see what happens in this second chance romance. The next book in the series Love Profound is coming out in September so keep your eye out for that one as well!
Steed Parker ran away. Ran away from problems and from the one girl he ever loved. He never thought he would return back to his families ranch and have to face her again... or bring up feelings from the past.

Paxton never really wanted Steed to leave, she just needed some space. So Steed leaving broke her more than she already was. Having to face him brings up the past and feelings she thought was long since buried. Not only that, he comes home with a daughter.

Can Steed and Paxton forgive and move on? One click now. This story definitely has the push and pull between these two characters.



Kelly Elliott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling contemporary romance author. Since finishing her bestselling Wanted series, Kelly continues to spread her wings while remaining true to her roots and giving readers stories rich with hot protective men, strong women and beautiful surroundings. Her bestselling works include, Wanted, Broken, Without You, and Unconditional Love, to name just a few. Kelly has been passionate about writing since she was fifteen. After years of filling journals with stories, she finally followed her dream and published her first novel, Wanted, in November of 2012. Kelly lives in central Texas with her husband, daughter, and two pups. When she’s not writing, Kelly enjoys reading and spending time with her family. She is down to earth and very in touch with her readers, both on social media and at signings. To find out more about Kelly and her books, you can find her through her website. www.kellyelliottauthor.com