Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Release Day Blitz: The Plus One Proposal by Cassie Cross

Today we have the release day blitz for The Plus One Proposal by Cassie Cross! Check it out and be sure grab your copy today!
Title: The Plus One Proposal
Author: Cassie Cross
Series: Love Is…
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Peyton Castillo’s life is nearly perfect. She has a job that makes her happy, the perfect apartment, friends who love her, and all the time in the world to do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. She’s single and loving it, but she has a handful of weddings she’s RSVPed to and no plus-one to go with. That’s where Adam Portman, her gorgeous-and-knows-it coworker comes in.
 
Peyton’s proposal is simple: she’ll complete a work assignment Adam’s been dreading if he agrees to be her date to one of the weddings.
 
The offer is tempting, but sparks fly when Adam counters with a proposal of his own. That work assignment isn’t the only thing he’s been dreading. His parents’ 30th anniversary celebration is coming up soon and his mother is determined to set him up with her best friend’s daughter, who will be at the party. Adam needs a date to play along and convince his mom he’s off the market, and Peyton is the perfect choice…
I give myself one last makeup check in the rearview mirror, swiping off some barely noticeable mascara flakes under my eyes. I touch up my lip gloss and make sure to grab my sweater from the passenger seat, because I’m almost always cold and I know Adam will tease me if I so much as shiver and don’t have it with me.
He catches sight of me almost immediately after I shut my door. He gives me this cute little wave that makes me smile, and I’m left doing that awkward thing where I’m not sure whether to look at him for the rest of the long-ish walk or if I should look away until I get closer.
I settle on a happy medium somewhere between the two, but can feel the weight of his eyes on me during the trip.
When I meet up with him, he greets me with a, “Wow. You look beautiful.” It’s so sincere that it shakes me a little. Not that he hasn’t complimented me before, because he definitely has, it’s just never been so soft and intense, making a little bit of tension thread through the air between us.
“You look good too.” Like I’ve completely lost control of all my bodily function, I reach out and run my fingers along his lapel as I say it. He stares at me for a long, drawn-out moment before the whole weird and strangely thrilling moment is broken by the ringing of the church bells.
“We should probably go in,” he says, voice a little unsteady. He offers me his arm and I take it. “How’s the report coming?”
“Are you trying to make sure that I’m holding up my end of the bargain before you follow through with yours?” I ask, playfully bumping his shoulder with mine.
“If you hadn’t started it, I was planning on taking off.”
“I hope you were planning on doing it in front of everyone so they have something to talk about while the wedding party is taking pictures.”
He gives me this look like, of course. “With you in that dress, they probably already will,” he says with a wink, moving us further into new and uncharted territory.
Cassie Cross is a Maryland native and a romantic at heart, who lives outside of Baltimore with her two dogs and a closet full of shoes. Cassie’s fondness for swoon-worthy men and strong women are the inspiration for most of her stories, and when she’s not busy writing a book, you’ll probably find her eating takeout and indulging in her love of 80’s sitcoms.