Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Excerpt Reveal: Bohemian Girl by Georgia Cates

BOHEMIAN GIRL (Southern Girl Series #1) by Georgia Cates Release Date: December 5th
Apple Books: Coming Soon! 
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2Pe6oow
A faceless name. That’s all she was when I agreed to play a part in deceiving her. And then the unexpected happened.

We met.

I yearn for her skin against mine. I crave her scent on my body. I want to make her laugh and then moan. And I do… in secret.

I promised my business partner I wouldn’t touch his sister. But I broke that promise.

Our little dirty weekends together are no longer enough. I want my bohemian girl in my bed every night. She wants a ring, marriage vows, and babies … all things that I can’t give her.

Our romance is explosive. Our love, epic. Our ending, miserable… unless I bend.

If I don’t bend, I’ll break.
The door chimes but I don’t turn. If it’s Lawrence I don’t want to be seen. Not yet.

A minute later, I hear the aged wood-plank flooring creak behind me. “I might be able to help with choosing an oil if you give me a description of your symptoms.”

Ahh. Sweet Lawrence’s child-like voice is music to my ears. A melody my ears have craved. It’s been too long since I heard it.

I return the bottle of lavender to the shelf, keeping my back turned on Wren. “I met a woman whom I believe has bewitched me.”

I hear her quiet gasp and I know that she has recognized my voice.

“Lucas?” Her voice is barely a whisper.

I continue standing with my back to her. “I can’t sleep. I can’t concentrate. It’s impossible to work because she’s in my head. All. The. Fucking. Time.”

I turn around and my eyes meet hers but more than that happens. She’s beaming and I think that I may even see a glisten around those beautiful baby blues. It’s in this moment that I realize how very much I want her. My longing is stronger than I thought it was.

I’ve come here like an ocean reaching and running toward her as though she’s my shore.

Fuck. I’ve never chased a woman. Only ran from them.

“I need something to remedy this overwhelming desire I have to see her.”

She doesn’t throw herself into my arms so I’ll not get my movie-like reunion. “It’s probably not an oil you need. Have you tried calling her? Or maybe texting?”

“I wanted to. I thought about it every day since she left.”

“But?”

“I was afraid she might have come to her senses and decided that I was a bad idea.”

“I have it on good authority that this woman feels the exact same way. She can’t sleep or concentrate or get this one particular man out of her head.”

I move closer and place my hand on the side of her face. Hers comes to rest on top of mine as she turns her face inward to kiss my palm. “You’re here with Ollie?”

“Yes. The business trip came together at the last minute. And I didn’t want to call because I was afraid you’d tell me it would be better if I didn’t come.”

“I’m very happy you’re here.”

Lawrence wraps her hand around mine and uses it to lead me to the checkout counter. “Winter, can you close tonight without me? Lucas and I haven’t seen each other in a while. We have some catching up to do.”

“I can close, no problem.”

I follow her to the back of the store, and we slip out the exit. She stops in the dark alley and takes my hands. “I’m happy to see you.”

“I’m happy too.”

I haven’t touched her in a month and it’s all I want to do. This isn’t the most ideal place but I can’t help myself.

I cradle her face and bring my lips to hers, but stop before they come together. Only our breath touches. “Every day that you’ve been gone, I’ve hardly thought of anything but you.”

“I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about you too.”

“Is there any chance we can get back the night that we should have had a month ago?”

She nods, her eyes never leaving mine. “How long are you staying in Savannah?”

“We’re driving back early Monday morning.”

“I think we can get our night back plus two more.”

Three nights. Surely that will be enough for me to get my fix so I’ll stop obsessing night and day over this woman.

Porter was right. I’m risking my friendship with Oliver. My business relationship. Maybe even my livelihood but I don’t care. She’s worth the gamble.

I’m going all in.
Georgia resides in rural Mississippi with her wonderful husband, Jeff, and their two beautiful daughters. She spent fourteen years as a labor and delivery nurse before she decided to pursue her dream of becoming an author and hasn’t looked back yet.

When she’s not writing, she’s thinking about writing. When she’s being domestic, she’s listening to her music and visualizing scenes for her current work in progress. Every story coming from her always has a song to inspire it.
Sign up for her newsletter: http://bit.ly/2HrWkV7