Saturday, August 16, 2014

Review: All For This by Lexi Ryan







Released August 4, 2014

New Adult Contemporary Romance

**ALL FOR THIS is book three in the Here and Now series. It is not a stand-alone and it’s intended to be read after LOST IN ME and FALL TO YOU.**



What if you would never remember the day you made the most important decision of your life?

That’s what they’re telling me about the day of my accident—the day I put on Max’s ring and chose him over Nate. I’m counting on the wisdom behind a decision I don’t remember making.

Max is amazing—sexy, sweet, and kind. I was starting to believe happily-ever-after might be in my future after all. Then the unthinkable happened and my world imploded. If I’m going to make this work with Max, I need my missing memories, or at least answers from about those five days before my accident.

But what does my future hold if those answers aren’t anything like I imagined?



http://amzn.to/1sl82DEhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/All-This-Here-Now-Book-ebook/dp/B00MDWI3X4http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/all-for-this-lexi-ryan/1118893146


https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/all-for-this/id836873885?mt=11&uo=4http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/all-for-this-2






There are no words to describe how truly amazing the final book, All For This, in the Here and Now series by Lexi Ryan is.  This book had me guessing until the very last page that I turned and I read it in one complete sitting, unable to put it down because I just had to know if it would be Nate or Max for Hanna.  This book was a 4.5 star read for me and I highly highly recommend this series to everyone who likes romance, a meddling family, a rock star, a jock and a little mystery all wrapped up into one.  Lexi Ryan hit this one out of the park!

The first book in the series, Lost In Me,  give the reader a taste of what is to come later.  We have Hanna, a girl with a horrible self image and an even worse sense of self worth, who has amnesia after taking a bad fall down a flight of stairs.  Waking up in the hospital, she doesn't remember the events of the last year of her life, and how she came to have Max's engagement ring on her finger, when the last she remembers, it was tucked away in her jewelery box.  Trying to piece together the last days before the accident, Hanna discovers that she was involved with the Sexy rocker Nate, often travelling around the US to see him while he was on tour.  Their involvement was a secret from everyone, even her sisters' who she was extremely close with.  What a cliff hanger ending this book has!  I actually gasped when I read it and had to re-read twice to make sure Lexi Ryan actually wrote those words I was reading.

 The second book in the series, Fall To You,  gives the reader a glimpse of Hanna torn between two men that she loves, still not knowing how she fell down the stairs or why she had on Max's engagement ring.  She begins to have more memories of her time with Nate, some amazing ones and others that make her think she understands why she chose Max after all.  Trying to move forward with her life and the news that she received at the end of book one, she thinks her decision is made, when a situation occurs that shocks her to her very core and throws her into the arms of the man that you would least expect.  And que holy cow cliff hanger number two!

The third and final book, All For This, picks up immediately where the last fell off and has the reader eagerly turning each page, sometimes while holding my breath, to see what will happen.  Hanna is beginning to realize that maybe she will never regain her memory of the final day before the accident, and if it really was an accident at all.  Was it Nate's ex-girlfriend and mother of his child that pushed her down the stairs? Or could it have been the mother of Max's daughter who so desperately wants him back that she will lower herself to any means possible?  I had my theories as I was reading, and let me tell you I kept changing them until I finally gave up at the very end.  Who would Hanna finally choose in the end?  I will state that this reader was team Nate all the way until I turned the very last page!  Lexi Ryan answered every question that I had as a reader and boy did she do it with flair!  I was shocked by some of the truths that came out and that made All For This, an even better read for me.

"It's different because you're mine more than you were ever his.  You might love him, but you need me.  And if you choose him, you'll always wonder if you and I could have made it work."


I knew, if I touched you, it'd be more than a kiss.
I need you. 
I'll feed you.
I'll be your dying bliss.

 All For This was a great ending to a perfect love triangle trilogy.  I would give it 5 stars!  All For This was the third book in the Here and Now series.  It is not a stand-alone you need to read the other books to understand this one.  This book was told in multiple POV's and I am so glad because you definitely will want to know what each person is thinking.  I am a huge fan of Lexi Ryan and this series made me love her even more.  

In the first 2 books you get to see how Hanna copes with her life after falling down the stairs and getting amnesia.  Through out the stories you will get glimpses into the past and present.  Of course you also get to see how she has fallen for 2 men and how she is trying to remember why she made the choices she did without memory of the choices.  She is so torn and when a surprise and a tragedy happen she will fall into the arms of one of the men and she thinks finally her choice has been made.  Well with a twist of fate her whole life will change again.  She has to decide what she wants and who is best suited to give her the life she has always wanted.  But what happens when both men can give her what she wants but in different ways? 

Relief hits me center mass and splinters out through my limbs.  Because there's still a we.  I bring her hand to my mouth and press my lips to her knuckles.  If I could package the intensity of my love in a single gesture, if I could prove to her how hard I'm willing to hone on, she wouldn't doubt us for a second.  When she settlers her head against my chest again, I squeeze my eyes shut and say a prayer that I'll be enough for her.-- Max 

"It's different because you're mine more than you were ever his.  You might love him, but you need me.  And if you choose him, you'll always wonder if you and I could have made it work."  "You can leave, but you're taking my heart with you.  You can choose him, but part of you will always be mine." -- Nate

"Do you think you can win me with a kiss?  Did you think I'm so fickle that your mouth on mine is enough to convince me to break Max's heart?"-- Hanna

 I honestly don't know how any woman could choose between these 2 men because they both seriously stole my heart.  I was torn myself between who she should pick.  I know most readers will have there favorite between Max and Nate but honestly I would have been happy with either choice, and that in itself is surprising to me because when I read a love triangle book I honestly pick and side and stick to it.  But Lexi will make your head spin with what choice to make and thankfully it was her brilliant mind that made the final choice for Hanna because my goodness I would have kept them both! I am so glad to finally have all the pieces to this fantastic puzzle and I really hope we get a story of the man who was not chosen because he definitely deserves and HEA after everything he has been through.   

Thanks again for a great ending and I am looking forward to so much more!  







I really don’t know if I can express in words how I feel about this series.  I don’t think my words can give it justice!  I’m serious!  The Here and Now series has just moved up the ladder to one of my favorite series I have read.  It has so many elements that just pull you in!  I love the suspense, the drama, and the hotness that Lexi Ryan has poured into this book!  I devoured every book and just loved them!  Ms. Ryan keeps those wheels turning in your head until the last chapter!  I kept going back and forth in my theories and was totally clueless how things would end… even at 90%!!!!  That’s just how amazing she is!  Normally I can have a book figured out by the half way mark. Yah, not with this one!  It’s just another reason why I have to declare Ms. Ryan an evil genius!    

So from reading the first two books we know that Hanna wakes up in a coma after falling down a flight a stairs.  She cannot remember the last year…. And what a year it’s been!  At her side is the handsome and charming Max, she has crushed on him for as long as she could remember.  And since that does not include the last year, she does not know they’ve been dating and he recently proposed.  Then we have the uber sexy rocker Nate.   When he slips into Hanna’s bed one night she is confused as to why she would have a boyfriend and yet another man is sneaking in her bed.  Hanna is a faithful person and knows she would not be dating both of them at the same time.  So their story unfolds…. 


“I think it’s time for me to look beyond here and now.  Here and now is all I let myself think about this summer, and look where that got me.”


Gawh!  Is all I can say to that! lol.  Hanna’s story is told in all three POV’s and alternates between past and present.  Slowly but surely Hanna’s regains her memory and the story of the past year unfolds.  Which man holds her heart??  A part of me was rooting for Max, who doesn’t want to fall in love with your childhood crush and live happily ever after??  Then I would root for Nate, the chemistry between them was off the charts smoking hot! He pours his soul into his lyrics and sings to Hanna about his love.  But they want to very different things in life.  My heart was torn in two by these men.  They were without their faults but that’s why I loved them both. 

The final book in this series will answer all the questions left unanswered!  The ending made my heart melt and I loved every second of it!  Thank you Lexi Ryan for an absolutely AH-MA-ZING series that made me laugh, cry, angry, happy, sad, and finally I felt joy!  Hanna is finally able to get the happy ever after she so deserves, but with whom???? 
“It’s different because you’re mine more than you were ever his.  You might love him, but you need me.  And if you choose him, you’ll always wonder if you and I could have made it work.”








Lost In Me (Currently FREE!)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lost-in-me-lexi-ryan/1119084620?ean=9781940832975

    

Fall To You





   



Once a college English professor, I now write full time. I live in rural Indiana, where, when I’m not writing, I get to hang out with my husband and two kids–a six-year-old boy and a two-year-old hellion, er, girl. Not surprisingly, reading and writing remain my favorite activities, though both come in bits and pieces these days, not the big hunks of time I enjoyed before I had children. When I’m feeling virtuous, I like to go running (I use that word liberally. I’m really, really slow) or do yoga. Don’t worry, I’m always careful to balance out such activities with a hearty serving of ice cream or a chocolate martini.




 photo AToMRPRomotionslogo_zps2b315b86.png