Monday, July 13, 2015

Release Day Blitz & Review: Sacrifice by Adriana Locke










Title: Sacrifice
Author: Adriana Locke
 Release Date: July 13, 2015




My life changed forever the night my husband died.

I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him.

But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope.


My life changed forever the night my brother died.

I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that. When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.









 
 



"I'll sacrifice everything I am.  I'll do whatever it takes for them."

      Sacrifice by Adriana Locke was an amazing story about love, loss and struggle.  The story of Crew, Julia and Everleigh Gentry will leave you wanting for more; you will laugh, you will cry, and you will gasp, while wonder what will come next.  This book was a 4 star read for me and I highly recommend everyone read this amazing book as I guarantee that you will love it as much as I did.
     Julia thought that her world had imploded when she lost her husband Gage in a car accident, when she was forced to move out of the home that they purchased together that held all of her memories of a life she no longer had; but boy was she wrong.  
     Crew Gentry was her first love, the brother of the man she married, a man who fumbled through life with using his fists and running when things became complicated or difficult.  Doing what little Julia would allow to help them because he knew it was what his brother would want, he visited Jules and Ever when he could, bringing them groceries and paying the past due bills when he can.
     When Jules calls Crew in a moment of anguish after finding out news that rocked her to the very core, even more than when she lost Gage.  Crew drops everything to be by Jules and Ever's side; no matter what the sacrifice or cost it is to him, because to Crew; Julia is the only girl he has ever loved or will ever love.
     Crew puts his life on the line, making the ultimate sacrifice for Jules and Ever; and Adriana Locke has the reader by the heartstrings, turning each page with a tissue in one hand waiting to see what will happen with this inevitable couple.  Want to know if Jules and Crew get their happily ever after?  You will need to read this amazing story to find out.




“She’s been missing him a lot lately.”

Julia’s voice is barely a whisper and my chest constricts. Our conversations don’t normally make it to discussing Gage unless we’re already arguing. The fact that she just brought it up shocks me and I’m not comfortable with it. I don’t know how to take it. I feel my jaw pulse with frustration and scramble to change the subject again. “Why is it so chilly in here?”

Her smile disappears and she tugs her sweatshirt nervously. “I didn’t know it was.”

“How can you possibly not know?” I start to the thermostat across the room when she clears her throat.

“The heater isn’t working right. I asked Lane to come by and look at it earlier this week.”

“And he hasn’t been here yet?” I shoot her a look and she shakes her head. “He’ll be here tonight.” I dig my cell outta my pocket.

“Crew, don’t. Please. The last time you called my landlord he was a complete jerk to me for a couple of months. I just got on good terms with him again.”

I scroll through my contacts list, looking for his name.

“Crew ...” I know her doe-eyes are pleading with me. I also know if I look up at her, I’ll be somewhat inclined to give in. So I don’t.











Adriana Locke lives and breathes books. After years of slightly obsessive relationships with the flawed bad boys created by other authors, Adriana has created her own.

Adriana resides in the Midwest with her family. She spends a large amount of time playing with her kids, drinking coffee, and cooking. She loves to be outside in the sunshine and always has a piece of candy in her pocket. 

Her first novel, The Exception, was released in 2014. The followup, The Perception, was released in March 2015. Both books follow the same characters, but can be read as standalone novels.

Sacrifice, a novel unrelated to the others, will go live on July 13, 2015.

Please contact Adriana at www.adrianalocke.com. She loves to hear from readers.