Monday, September 14, 2015

Release Day Blitz & Review: Bastard by J.L. Perry











My name is Carter Reynolds. I was born a bastard and I’ll die a bastard. I learnt it at a young age, and nothing and nobody can change that. I’m on a one-way path of destruction, and god help anyone who gets in my way. I hate my life. Actually, I hate pretty much everything.

That’s until I meet the kid next door. Indi-freakin’-ana. My dislike for her is instant. From the moment I lay eyes on her, she ignites something within me. She makes me feel things I thought I was incapable of feeling. I don’t like it, not one bit. When she looks at me with her big, beautiful, haunting, green eyes, it’s like she can see into the depths of my soul. It freaks me the hell out. She’s like sunshine and rainbows in my world of gloom and doom. I hate sunshine and rainbows.


********

I’m Indiana Montgomery, my friends call me Indi. Despite losing my mum at the age of six, I have a wonderful life and great friends. My dad more than makes up for the fact that I only have one parent. I’m his little girl, the centre of his world. I adore him.

When Carter Reynolds moves in next door, my life takes a turn for the worse. He’s gorgeous—sinfully hot, but that’s where my compliments end. He seems hell bent on making my life miserable. He acts tough, but when I look into his eyes I don’t see it. I see hurt and pain. To me, he seems lost.

I should hate him for the way he treats me, but surprisingly I don’t. If anything, I feel sorry for him. I want to help him find peace. Help him find the light that I know is buried somewhere within his darkness, but, he won’t have a bar of it.

He’s warned me time and time again to stay away, but I can’t. I’m drawn to him for some reason. He’s always referring to himself as a bastard. That may be true, but to me, he’s more like a beautifully, misunderstood bastard. Whether he likes it or not, I refuse to give up on him.







AMAZON US / UK / AU / CA




Bastard by J.L. Perry was an unexpected book for me.  I went into the story after reading the synopsis expecting the story to go a certain way and I have to say that although it was the complete opposite, I absolutely loved it!  Carter Reynolds will be a new book boyfriend for anyone who reads this book of a young love that can scare and terrify you; finding out you weren't who the world pegged you to be, and how you will react in moments of intense hardship.  The story of the bastard Carter Reynolds and the girl next store Indiana Montgomery will be one to capture your heart from the very beginning.  This book was a 4 star read for me and I highly recommend it to everyone!!

Carter Reynolds moves next door to Indiana Montgomery or Indi as her friends call her when his mother finally marries after 17 years of being alone and taking care of him.  Having learned from a brief visit from his grandfather years before that he was a "bastard", Carter has done everything he can to live up to that image, an image that Indiana knows is a cover up for the funny and caring guy underneath.  Indiana Montgomery is fiercely loyal to those she loves, especially her friend, and although her and Carter get off to a rocky start, their friendship slowly develops.

As Carter counts down the days until he can walk away from the jerk his mother married on his 18th birthday, Indi becomes the center of his world, and he does everything he can to protect her, especially if it means keeping her away from other guys.  Not understanding the feelings that she evokes within him, Carter pulls her close and then pushes her away, knowing deep down that when its time to leave saying goodbye to her will be the hardest thing that he has to do.

Indiana Montgomery has grown up with only her father after her mother died when she was young from a brain tumor.  Looking forward to meeting Carter when his mother moves in with the grumpy man next door, she is anything but happy to meet this arrogant asshole who lives to call her "kid" and gets in the way of everything she wants to do.  The more time she spends with Carter, mostly not be choice but by force, she begins to see that there is more to him than the bastard he claims to be.

When Indi finally puts her feelings on the table, Carter does the unthinkable, and she doesn't think that she will ever get over her broken heart, that is until he returns five years later.  It is upon his return that everything in Indi's world seems to right itself and all of the feelings she thought she had long since got over bubble to the surface ready to explode.  But she can't give him her heart again for fear the second time he walks away will be something that she can never recover from.  Not realizing that Carter is willing to put everything on the line for her, Indi is faced with more than one decision that will change her life forever.  

Will Carter prove that he isn't really the bastard that he claims to be?  Will Indiana let him back into her life and her heart?  You will need to read to find out.



Oh my. There were so many times I became weepy reading this. Weepy cause I was mad and heartbroken. Weepy because I was happy. Weepy because of a beautiful moment.

This book took my on a run, with a few twists and turns. Enough to have kept my hooked.
Carter is made to believe he is a bastard when he is 5 years old. He embraces it and doesn't shy away from it. But deep down you see the good in him, he just believes he is no good.

When he is 17 he moves next door to Indiana. She is a spunk but has a pure heart. He tries to keep her at an arms length and she hates him for it. But you can see the underlying teasing nature of it all. He constantly tells her and himself to stay away, but eventually they can't stay away anymore.

Carter runs but Indiana refuses to give up on him and their possibility of being together.

Will they be together? Can Carter get himself straight?

Go one click this now! You won't be disappointed.



Bastard is a stand alone novel that will certainly keep you flipping pages like your hands are on fire.  I really enjoyed this book and the synopsis did not do this book justice at all!  I was totally intrigued when I read the synopsis but what we were given surpassed my expectations ten fold.  I would give this book a huge 5 stars and would highly recommend to others.  There have been a lot of books lately coming out with bastard as the title so I was a little skeptical at reading another of the same type of story.. but believe me when I tell you this book will blow that preconceived notion out of the water.  There is so much depth and sincerity put into this story that it will leave your head in a whirlwind of emotions.  You will not want to put this book down I guarantee it.   

This is tale about a scorned boy Carter who once was a happy child until he met the cruel truth of his life and from that moment on he would think of himself as a bastard and he will mostly definitely play the part well.   He was never happy that his mother married an moved them to another town so of course that made him even more defiant ... what 17 year old wouldn't be right??  But what he doesn't realize at the time is his world is about to explode into more than he was ever prepared for. 

Indi is the sweet home town girl who has been through a tragedy of losing her mother and has had an amazing father to raise her.  She believes in giving everyone a chance.. even the new boy next door.  She was really excited to have new neighbors.. well that was until she actually spoke to Carter.. things don't go as planned and she finds herself pinning after someone she should hate.... but what happens when things get to heavy and feels right but a disaster comes from it?

Can Carter and Indi find a way to make life work with one another or is the pressure to much??  What happens when tragedy will strike can they help eachother through the shadows of darkness??

Go get this book now it was an amazing book and you don't wanna miss out on what happens believe me!  Thanks J.L. Perry for a great story and I look forward to much more in the near future... new fan girl here!  Yes ladies you will have another book boyfriend to add to your every growing pile!  











Leaning forward, so my face is only inches from hers, I say, “I can see that.” Her pupils dilate and I hear her breath hitch. I immediately know my effect on her hasn’t diminished either. It takes everything in me not to pull her into my arms and squeeze the fucking life out of her. Why did I leave it so long to see her? Just being near her again, makes me feel alive. “It’s good to see you again, Indi.”

“Well, the feeling’s not mutual,” she says. She’s lying, I can tell. Her body language is saying the complete opposite to her words. She’s still a stubborn arse I see. My eyes leave hers, gazing down at her lips. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve dreamt of those lips over the past five years. Too many to count. I want to kiss her so bad my fucking chest aches. I let my eyes drop a little lower. First I see is the necklace I bought her. I can’t believe she’s still wearing it. It has me smiling like a damn fool. You have no idea what seeing that means to me.

I watch her chest rise and fall as her breathing quickens. She can deny it all she wants, but she’s affected by me. “My eyes are up here, buddy,” she spits. I want to laugh at her comment. I love her smart mouth. I’m glad this part of our relationship hasn’t changed.

Underneath the material of her white top, I can see a hint of her white lace bra covering the swell of her breast. It gives me an idea. I can’t help myself. I lift the sponge in my hand until it’s hovering over her tits. I hear her gasp when she realises what I’m about to do. I clench my fist tight, the water drips out. It soaks into the fabric of her top, making it transparent. Her nipples harden and so does my cock. Christ. I haven’t even touched her yet, and I swear I could break diamonds with this fucker.

Peeling my gaze from her spectacular rack, I make eye contact with her again. I’m feeling quite pleased with myself, but that feeling doesn’t last long. The anger I see in her eyes is not what I’m expecting. When did she lose her sense of humour? I guess I should’ve known from past experience, when it comes to her, I’m playing with fire. Especially since she has five years of pent up anger inside her, towards me.

This is one time I’m not anticipating her next move. So when it comes, I’m totally taken by surprise. She raises her right leg slightly, and then ‘BOOM’. She knees me fair smack in the nuts. Hard. Jesus fucking Christ.

All the air gushes from my lungs as pain radiates through my whole body. My dick goes instantly limp. Fuck, I think she just killed it. I’m pretty sure my boys are now lodged somewhere in my throat.

A feral, high pitched sound escapes me as I fall to my knees in agony. “Stay the fuck away from me arsehole,” she spits, as she turns and runs inside.

Somebody call an ambulance, I think I’m gonna die.






**VOTED BEST NEW AUTHOR FOR 2014 IN AUSROM TODAY'S READERS CHOICE AWARDS**
 
J L Perry is a mother and a wife. She was born in Sydney, Australia in 1972, and has lived there her whole life. Her love of reading, from a young age, gave her the passion to write. My Destiny was originally written for her sister, in 2013. It was never intended to be published. However, after finishing this book, she felt there was still a lot of Brooke and Logan's story left to tell. This inspired her to write My Forever. With the encouragement of her family and friends, she decided to follow her dream and become a published Author.

That dream was realised on the 6th of June, 2014.

My Destiny is her debut novel in the Destiny Series. My Forever is the conclusion to this book. Her third book Damaged - Jacinta's Story was released October 15th, 2014. This is a stand alone book, but is based on a character in My Forever. Her fourth book Against All Odds, is a stand alone book, as well, but part of the Destiny Series. Due to be released on the 27th May, 2015. She's also currently writing a fifth book, a standalone, that will be released later in the year. It's called 'A Beautiful Bastard'. This is NOT part of the Destiny Series.

J L's love of romance and happy endings makes a perfect combination when it comes to writing her beautiful love stories.

Her hobbies include reading, writing, drinking wine, shopping, listening to music, and anything artistic or creative. She loves spending time with her family, friends and her dog when she isn't writing. She also loves being outdoors and travelling and exploring the world.






FACEBOOK
TWITTER
GOODREADS