Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review Tour: Sidelined by Emma Hart





Three people. Three motives. Three reasons.
When the game leaves the field in the second book in the USA Today bestselling BY HIS GAME series and mixes with sex, lies, and betrayal, the future isn't the only thing on the line...
Macey Kelly has sworn off men. Unless they’re going to zip in and out of her apartment—and her vagina—quicker than they can give her an orgasm, she’s not interested. Finding out her boyfriend of three years got her cousin pregnant was a total confidence knock. Luckily for Macey, confidence is
something she has in abundance, so all Mitch’s asshole move did was make her pretty cynical toward men.
The last thing Jack Carr needs at the start of the season is for a dark-haired, sexy as sin, gyspyesque beauty to be consuming his thoughts. Football is his life, which leaves no time for girls. Unless they’re the love ‘em and leave ‘em girls. Becoming one of the best running backs the league has ever seen by racking up the yards is his top priority… not bedding Macey Kelly, despite her affinity for blow jobs and total sexual abandon.
Avoiding each other is the perfect solution, but when your best friends are in a serious living together kind of relationship, that isn’t always an option. Sometimes, sex on tap is the easiest option. And the sweetest.
Until Mitch shows up with a bombshell that could shatter Macey’s perfectly carved out life. It’s been a year, but he isn’t giving her up, not now he has a chance at winning her back. And he knows her buttons. Every single one of them.
Unfortunately for him, Jack Carr isn’t a loser. The star running back has his eye on the Vince Lombardi—and on Macey. But seeing her hanging between them both isn’t something he’s down with, not when he discovers why she’s so against anything more-ish, as she puts it.Macey quickly realizes she’s the ball being passed between two desperate yet opposing teams, and that only one of them can score the touchdown. But will the winner be the guy she lived with and loved for three years, or will the winner be the guy who understands her and makes her body come alive?
In this game, someone will be sidelined, and calling the play isn’t always as easy as it seems.
(SIDELINED is a full-length, standalone novel. It's not necessary to read BLINDSIDED before this book, but it is advised.)

   


“You’re not goin’ anywhere, baby.” He steps closer, his fingers twitching, his breath ghosting across my neck. “At least, you ain’t fuckin’ moving until you’ve told me why you’re avoiding me.”
“Isn’t it obvious? You and I are cut from the same cloth, Jack. We don’t do the post-sex thing.”
“Yet here we are.”
“It’s unfortunate.”
“That what you call it?” he laughs, low and husky.
“Yep.” I drink.
“Put the drink down, M,” he whispers. “It’s fucking with you.”
“Really? I thought that was you fucking with me,” I respond, turning to him and pressing a hand against his chest. “What the hell are you doing here?”
Like, right here. Literally.
“It’s my best friend’s birthday.” He smirks. “Why’ve you been staring at me all night like you wanna suck and bite my cock simultaneously?”
“I assure you it was the latter.”
“Sure it was.” Jack steps closer to me again, and I grab my glass with the hand closest to him so I don’t grab his ass or something, ‘cause, shit. He has a sweet-as-hell ass.
“It was.” I drink. Again. Where the hell are my girls? “I feel like dancing.” I finish the glass and twist my body away from his.
His hand finally falls from me as I stalk toward and then down the stairs. I slip into the moving crowd, but I’ve barely moved my hips when two large, strong hands clasp me and tug me backward. The wall of muscle my back slams into is solid, and I exhale on a whoosh even as I close my fingers against the ones clasping my hips.
“Nice try, baby,” Jack says into my ear. “Run if you want. I’m a running back. I’ll chase you and catch you every fuckin’ time.”
“Sounds like a promise you can’t keep, doll,” I reply, my breath catching when he moves my hips against his.
“Sounds like a promise you’re afraid of.”



Sidelined is the second book in the By His Game Series.  Even though it is apart of a series you could read it as a standalone but I would recommend reading the first bookBlindsided because you don't want to miss out on Corey and Leah's story because it was a great book as well, you will get more of them in this book too.   This book is the story of Macey and Jack.. and oh how I love a book about athletes especially a football player!  This book will make you laugh quite a few times because Macey has quite the spit fire attitude and Jack ohh he has a way with is dirty words that will make you melt on the spot.  I would give this book a 4.5 stars and would definitely recommend to others.  

Macey is a girl who has been scorned because of a previous relationship gone bad.  She doesn't do commitment anymore because look where it go her in the past.  When she meets the sexy running back and has a one night stand with him she can't help but feel like he ruined sex for her with any others, but when she starts seeing him all over the place she can't help but feel that she needs more sex from him because he is irresistible and so damn sexy!  She will try and keep her distance but Jack will corner her one night in a night club and her body will give in to temptation but she never expects it to turn into anything more and she makes sure Jack understands that.. but Jack has his ways and he knows what he wants but can he make Macey understand his need and want for her is just more than sex?? Or will a twist leave Macey even more confused with her ex comes back into her life??? 

Go get this book and meet the sexy Jack because writing a review trying to describe him will not do him justice.. I don't want to give away much in this review but just know that its freaking hot and steamy and Emma Hart will become your go to author after reading this series!  Can't wait for her next book in this series Intercepted which is Reid's story who is another teammate of Corey and Jack.



Sidelined by Emma Hart is the second book in the By His Game Series. The readers were introduced to Jack and Macey inBlindsided, friends of Corey and Leah. Jack is the back for the L.A. Vipers and he can have any woman that he wants. One night with Macey wasn't enough and when he sees her again in the club he wants more. Macey isn't looking for anything that even slightly resembles a relationship after the betrayal of her ex-boyfriend Mitch. What starts out as a casual booty call becomes so much more in this amazing story that will make you laugh out loud, shake your head in confusion and even get a little teary eyed. This book was a 4 star read for me and I recommend to this series to others, I cannot wait for the next book in the series! Amazing job Emma Hart.

Jack and Macey agree to have a relationship that is based purely on sex, sex by Macey's rules. Jack is not used to following someone else's lead on or off the field and he only has so much patience when it comes to waiting for Macey to call. As things begin to heat up as more than beneath the sheets with Jack and Macey, the unthinkable happens to rock Macey's world. The return of Mitch and he wants her back; telling her that everything that happened to them a year ago was a mistake.

Macey becomes confused; unsure of who she should give her heart to; Jack who has already been burying himself in there one night and gesture at a time or Mitch who is comfortable, who she already knows everything about. While Mitch continues to try to wear Macey down and convince her to forgive him; Jack decides the best way to keep Macey in his life is to step back and let her date Mitch. But is that the right choice?

As Jack begins to realize that he wants Macey for more then sex; Macey becomes so torn with the decision that she has to make; knowing that there is a chance that she will always wonder "what if" if the choice she makes is the wrong one. When she finally decides who she wants to be with, she makes dates with both guys on the same night at restaurants across the street from each other so that they can see who she chooses to be with. Will it be the ever sexy football star Jack? Or will she choose the man she thought she loved at one point, Mitch. You will have to read to find out.

I loved how Emma Hart brought in the characters of Corey and Leah as introgale parts of the story; allowing the reader to see the progression of their relationship past the ending of their book Blindsided. I loved how fiercely protective the girls are of Macey after everything she had been through and that no matter what was going on in their lives they dropped everything for each other.


INTERCEPTED COMING SOON



By day, New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Adult author Emma Hart dons a cape and calls herself Super Mum to two beautiful little monsters. By night, she drops the cape, pours a glass of whatever she fancies - usually wine - and writes books.
Emma is working on Top Secret projects she will share with her followers and fans at every available opportunity. Naturally, all Top Secret projects involve a dashingly hot guy who likes to forget to wear a shirt, a sprinkling (or several) of hold-onto-your-panties hot scenes, and a whole lotta love.
She likes to be busy - unless busy involves doing the dishes, but that seems to be when all the ideas come to life.

Newsletter: 

FACEBOOK: 

Twitter: 

Goodreads:

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE: